1) Really challenged by the bookkeeping side of the business, what structures I need, how to manage sales tax, etc.
2) I have concerns about the viability and demand. I've had a difficult time finding data about my market WRT to the services I want to offer, and what competitive price points would look like for various services.
Actions I’ve taken so far
1) I have an accountant, and am working with him, but would really like some advice from somebody from industry with real-world experience and lessons learned.
2) I've looked for data. At this point, my plan is to start as a side hustle, and see if I can grow it into something that can support my family and perhaps a small staff.
My future goals
1) Minimize tax liabilities, maximize profit.
2) I'd like to turn this into a high quality service business that supports a small group of service people, enabling me to focus on growth and alternate revenue streams.
My motivations to work with a mentor
I'm a reasonably smart guy, but that cannot replace experience. I'm not so afraid to make mistakes, but would prefer to avoid the big ones!
About my venture
Renewed Home Services, LLC
Many people lack the time or skill to address the needs of their home. My company can maintain or upgrade customer's property providing the comfortable and reliable home they've always desired. We will be providing handyperson services, light remodeling, and home technology services (particularly those at the intersection of residential infrastructure and technology). Hope to do some work for property managers and small businesses as well.